Raw almonds are an excellent source of protein, riboflavin, vitamin E and magnesium. They will keep you satisfied between meals and give you that boost of energy your body needs during office hours. Now Sam the only thing I would suggest is to portion out your almond servings into easy to carry Ziploc bags (or a reusable container). Although raw almonds are great for you many nuts have a high fat content that may not be the best for weight loss. It’s all about portion control and by pre-packing snacks for the office you can stay on track without those mid afternoon chocolate cravings.
For some fun ways to spice up your almonds once and a while, try adding them to salads, muffins, or your morning oatmeal. Here’s a fun easy recipe to make your own roasted almonds right at home!
*TIP: Remember to pay attention to the fat content and keep portion control in mind, about ¼ cup is my recommended daily intake.
Quick and Easy Roasted Almonds
Things you’ll need:
– 2 cups of whole raw almonds
– 2 teaspoons of your favorite spice (ex: ground cumin, chili powder, etc.)
– 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
– Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl
- Place almonds onto a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until lightly toasted