As you all probably know, breakfast is the most important part of your diet. By eating within an hour of waking up, you are waking up your digestive system as well and increasing your metabolism. How can you possibly burn calories and lose weight if you body is waking up at lunch instead of breakfast? For this very reason its crucial that you make sure to get a well balanced meal first thing in the morning that will refuel your body. Since you’ve probably been sleeping for the last 7-8 hours or so, you want to make sure your feeding it what it needs.
- Stick to whole grains (Ezekiel bread)
- Opt for low-fat dairy (Greek yogurt or cottage cheese)
- low-fat protein (peanut butter or eggs)
- Fruits and veggies (smoothies or parfait)
Like many others I to sometimes forget to eat first thing in the morning… so what do I do you ask? I whip up my “On-the-go-Oatmeal” the night before or in the morning, as I’m running out the door. I will purposely prepare of few Ziploc bags of this mixture so that no matter what I have something on hand. I placed the ingrediants in a bowl to show you but normally I package them in bags.
- 1/2 cup of organic old fashioned oats (they cook faster than steel cut)
- tbs of dried cranberries
- tbs of slithered almonds
- tbs of ground chia seeds
- 1/2 tbs of organic brown sugar’