This is a great fast and easy meal that you can whip up in no time during those busy week nights. You can make any healthy modifications to suit your taste buds! This recipe makes about 4 small or 2 large servings depending on how hungry you are you might just go for seconds.
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 2 cups of brown basmati rice
- 1/2 cup of lite coconut milk
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 2 tbs of yellow curry powder
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- Half of a small white onion
- 3 large carrots chopped
- 1 cup of frozen peas and green beans (optional)
- 2 green onions
- 2 tsp of garlic chili sauce (optional)
- 1 tbs of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
-Start by preparing your rice, adding 4 cups of water to 2 cups of rice, bring it to a boil then cover and simmer until light and fluffy (about 10 min).
-Begin to sauté the garlic and onion with the olive oil on low heat.
-Bring temp to medium heat to cook the chicken. While it’s cooking add in half the amount of tomato paste and yellow curry powder. At this point you can also add in the chili sauce to spice things up a bit.
-Once the chicken is cooked lower the temp to low heat and begin to slowly add in the coconut milk, carrots and the remainder of the tomato paste and curry powder. Stir constantly to avoid burning the sauce.
-Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10-15 min or until carrots are soft.
-Serve over your wholesome basmati rice and enjoy!
Brought to you by the Health Nut’s kitchen.