Just because it’s getting colder outside doesn’t mean you have to eat root vegetables and beef all winter long. This is a fresh summer inspired meal that is perfect for a side dish or as a packed lunch for work or school.
What you will need:
- 1 can of mixed beans (no salt added)
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 large red tomato diced
- Half a container of alfalfa sprouts (about 1 cup)
- 2 tbs of EVOO
- Half a lemon
- Cayenne pepper, Sea salt and black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl add together beans, cucumber, tomato, and sprouts
- Next squeeze half a lemon over mixture and add in EVOO
- As you stir, season salad with a pinch of sea salt, cayenne and black pepper to taste
Add with some cooked quinoa or chicken breast for dinner
Optional: if you have some fresh herbs this is a perfect dish to add some into!