Wake up to some delicious smoothie goodness with this great recipe! This is a great breakfast smoothie to whip up when you’re in the mood for a light breakfast. It’s easy and quick to make since there are only a few ingredients but you’ll still be getting all the nutrients your body needs to wake up!
What you will need:
- 1 frozen banana (potassium)
- ¼ cup of old fashioned oats (manganese, fibre, and iron)
- 1 tbs of ground chia seed (Protein)
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh raspberries (fibre and antioxidants)
- 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (vitamin e and calcium)
I like to use a magic bullet because it’s conveniently small and less to wash but you can use any blender at home. Add all ingredients into the blender and mix away until smooth! You can use mixed berries if you like, I just used raspberries because their high in fibre and it’s what I had on hand. It’s a good idea to always have some frozen fruit on hand for when they’re not in season; you’ll save money as well. Listed beside each ingredient are just some of the many nutrients these foods offer you, which is just another great reason to add them to your smoothies.
~Enjoy your smoothie~