When life gives you lemons make lemonade right? Well that saying is definitely true when it comes to you and your health. Lemons can be more beneficial to your over all well being than you think. But instead of the sugary lemonade why not mix up some lemon water instead to really get the full benefits that these yellow fruits have to offer.
Lemons have come such a long way since being used for removing stains, deodorizing , garnishing, etc. Nowadays this common citrus fruit can be used to actually help cure and/or prevent many illness’s and infections. So instead of just making plain old lemonade when life gives you lemons try experimenting with some other uses.
Although lemons are viewed as vey acidic, when consumed on a daily basis in the morning on an empty stomach it can help detox your liver and digestive tract. Half a freshly squeezed lemon in some warm water will also help prevent heartburn, nausea and an upset stomach. And since lemons are super high in vitamin C, you’ll be boosting your immune system all at the same time. Lemons are also a diuretic so they help flush out urinary tract infections and bad bacteria present in your gut.
What about weight loss?
Lemons help reduce your sugar absorption because of its high acidic content. It also helps your fat cells store more calcium which is said to increase their ability to burn fat. For an extra cleansing detox remedy try a shot lemon juice, cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar to help boost your metabolism and break down fats stored in the body.
Why are lemons a super food?
Their very alkalizing
Although acidic tasting, lemons have an alkalizing effect on the body.
Fight off colds
– Lemons help your body produce white blood cells and antibodies which can curb a cold or flu quicker or prevent one entirely.
– Did you know lemons Help fight off free radicals because of their high content of vitamin C? Free radicals can attack healthy cells and cause premature aging of the skin. Why not add some lemon juice into your diet?
Good for your skin
– When you remove toxins in your body your skin will be the first to show it and you’ll begin to notice an overall glow.
Detox your gut and liver
– lemon water first thing in the morning will help detox you and help the liver produce more bile which helps break down fats.
Helps lower cholesterol
– That bitter taste in lemons is a result from the limonoids present in the fruit. One of them known as ” limonin” is said to help lower cholesterol.
Head to your nearest grocery store and pick up a big bag of lemons to get you prepared for the week. Next step, precut some lemons so you have them ready to go when you wake up in the morning. You can even prepare a jug of lemon water to keep in the fridge for an afternoon refreshment. You can’t go wrong, lemons are low in calories, fat free, sodium free, cholesterol free and will add a refreshing taste to your water.
Your Health Nut!