What you’ll need:
– 1/2 package of long whole wheat spaghetti
-1 chicken flavour cube
-1/4 cup of fresh grated parmesan
-1/2 package of sliced grape tomatoes
-1/2 small onion chopped
-4 cloves of minced garlic
-3 tbs of EVOO
-1/2 a squeezed lemon
-1-2 tbs of rinsed capers
-Sea salt, ground black pepper and fresh basil to taste
- In a large pot of boiling water cook spaghetti according to package with the chicken flavour cube.
- In a separate sauce pan on low heat sauté garlic, onion and EVOO until onions are translucent.
- Next, add in tomatoes, cooked pasta and capers.
- Slowly add in parmesan, salt, pepper, basil and lemon juice.
- Mix until all ingredients are distributed evenly and let simmer until all flavours have infused (approx. 10 min).
- Serve on a plate with some grilled shrimp or scallops.
NOTE: If pasta becomes dry while simmering add some of the pasta water to keep it moist.