One of my favourite veggies would have to be sugar snap peas and I’m always looking for ways to add them into foods. They have a sweet taste and nice crunch to them so their great to enjoy raw with hummus. I originally bought a bag of sugar snaps for a stirfry but decided to use the leftover for an omelet the next morning.
What you’ll need:
-4 eggs and 2 egg whites (carton or fresh)
-1 cup of chopped sugar snap peas
-1/2 a small red onion chopped
-1 green onion chopped
-1/2 a medium red pepper diced
– 1/4 cup of freshly grated mozzarella
-1 tbs of extra virgin coconut oil
1. On a skillet heat up the coconut oil on medium heat and add in your veggies and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
2. Next whisk together the eggs and add in desired seasoning to taste.
3. Take your beaten eggs and slowly pour the mixture over your veggies. Make sure the veggies are evenly spread out on the pan, use your spatula to move them around after the eggs have been added.
4. Lastly, top your almost cooked omelet with some freshly grated mozzarella. Allow the cheese to melt before folding the omelet in half. Once the egg is thoroughly cooked, transfer it onto a plate for cutting.
This recipe serves 2 very comfortably so it’s perfect to have on it’s own for lunch or with a salad for dinner.
Your Healthnut ❤
- Mango and Snap Pea Noodle Salad with a Tangy Peanut Dressing (tastespace.wordpress.com)
- Omelets in a Pan (mommyhatescooking.com)