Portobello mushrooms are a great meat substitute for vegetarians because of their meaty texture and can be prepared in so many different ways.
Don’t underestimate these guys because in just one cup (sliced), you are getting 5g of protein, 1g of fat, and 3g of fibre, making up a total of only 42 calories! Not to mention Portobello mushrooms are super high in antioxidants, and contain minerals like zinc, copper and iron. Convinced yet? Either way you’re going to love this super simple recipe because it takes no time at all and is mouth-watering, Guaranteed!
What you’ll need:
-6 Portobello mushrooms
-2 tbsp. of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
-handful of fresh chopped basil (you can never have too much!)
-4 cloves of minced garlic (helps keep the cold away)
-sea salt and pepper to taste
-cayenne pepper if you like it spicy (optional)
- Heat up your BBQ and lay down the foil sheets so the olive oil doesn’t drip into the grill.
- Wash your mushrooms and remove the stem, it should pop off really easily.
- Next, garnish with all your ingredients in no particular order and place onto the foil.
- Grill the mushrooms for about 10-15 min on low heat or until soft.
Your Healthnut ❤
Leave me your comments and feedback:)
- Vegetable Stuffed Portobello For One (gluten-free-zen.com)
- Smoked Portobello Mushroom with Crab, Avocado, and Smoked Corn salad (mmm-yoso.typepad.com)