This is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy and works great as a topper for oatmeal, salads, or even on a Greek yogurt parfait! I used butter in this recipe since I use it as a topper and not a full snack on it’s own but if you want you could try it will cocoa butter, coconut oil and experiment with what you like better.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup of raw whole pecans
- 1 tbsp. of organic butter
- 2 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. of cayenne pepper (If you don’t want it spicy you can add cinnamon instead)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 sheet of parchment paper large enough to fit your baking tray
- On the stove top, in a medium nonstick pan add butter and brown sugar on low heat.
- Once butter and sugar start to combine and become translucent you want to add in your pecans and toss them around to evenly coat them.
- Next, sprinkle the cayenne pepper and vanilla extract over pecans and toss with a wooden spoon.
- Be careful not to burn your pecans as the sugar burns very easily if left unattended (trust me I burnt my first batch!)
Enjoy these tasty toppers and let me know in the comments below your own favourite healthy toppers!
Try these pecans on The Big Buddha Salad! I highly recommend it 🙂
Your HealthNut ❤
You might also enjoy these posts: