Do you often find yourself running out the door with only a half eaten apple or granola bar in your tummy? Or maybe your a coffee drinker who doesn’t eat breakfast which is very common as well. Whichever category you fall into I wanted to share with you a few of my favourite go to healthy breakfast options. I made sure to include options for crazy busy mornings and lazy Sunday morning where you have a bit more time and breakfast usually turns into more of a “Brunch”.
First thing I like to do in the morning is start my day off with a glass of water with a half or whole lemon squeezed into it. This will help detox your body and liver and help cleanse out the toxins in your body. I also always try to remember my multivitamins and fish oils. I don’t think everyone needs vitamins but since I’m travelling I don’t always get all my vitamins and minerals through foods that I eat since I don’t always have access to a large variety of foods. As for the fish oils, if you don’t eat fish at least once or twice a week then you should definitely be taking a fish oil supplement. It is super essential for healthy brain function and to keep the health of your skin and body in great condition.
Top Healthy Breakfast Options:
- 1/2 cup of plain non-fat Greek yogurt (I used Oikos)with 1 tbsp. of raw honey and a whole banana (optional- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed)
- 3 egg omelet OR 1 egg and 2-3 egg whites, handful of chopped spinach and sprinkle some shredded feta ->If you have more time try adding some diced mushrooms and sweet pepper!
- 1/4 Steel cut oats with 2 cups water and cook on stove top until soft, then add a few dried apricots, 1 tbsp. slithered almonds, a dash of cinnamon and 1 tbsp. of almond milk
- Peanut butter dark chocolate KIND bars (200 cal/bar) with a Danactive yogurt drink (80 cal)
- Lightly sweetened low sodium(4%) Quaker oats instant oatmeal packs– Avoid flavours or brands that contain more than 7% sodium
- Unsweetened protein powder (1 scoop) with 1 1/2 cups of chocolate or vanilla almond milk (If you have more time add a frozen banana and a tbsp. of natural peanut butter
All of these breakfast options are going to provide you will the vitamins, proteins and fiber you need in the more to keep you full and energized until your next meal!
I hope you enjoyed these breakfast ideas Please leave me your favourite go to foods for breakfast I’d love to read them and try them out!!
Here are some other blog posts you might like as well:)